View Single Post
Old 12-29-2022, 08:36 AM   #108
mowtorman

Default To laugh in the face of death

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Lost souls on the verge of suicidal winter hiking without adequate warm clothing and a serious wind breaker, face mask, hat and large mittens would defer freez'n to death, up the cold mountain, when they can go rethink their life ending plan while enjoying a good hot coffee and a yummy old fashioned sugar donut. There's no yummy sugar donuts down there in Hell
So presumptuous, and so many assumptions. I guess you were on the trail that day?

So irreverence is your gig? Is it a gas? Does it give you a good kick?

Regular laugh riot over the hardships of others.

I knew 2 people that died on Washington. One an expert skier who fell into the rocks on the left gully. The other a rescuer that died in an avalanche chasing after people that put themselves in danger.

Unforeseen events have always happened on Washington. Never in my 6 decades have I encountered someone taking such perverse pleasure in it. The Reaper will be in your backyard one of these days hope you will have a good laugh with him when he comes for you.

BTW stopped at HOJO'S many times while skiing Tuckerman's in April and May. The drive up window must have been closed because at that time the sign at the scale at the bottom where you weighed in displayed the pack in pack out policy. No Burgers were being grilled, no soda fountain and the AMC pack mules ran up and down to trail with heavy packs loaded with supplies.

I really admired those guys they were as rugged as the mountain itself.

Your rants must be good for advertising or something.
mowtorman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mowtorman For This Useful Post: