View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 05:37 PM   #62
tis

Thanked 1,381 Times in 957 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by songkrai View Post
Obviously a dog bite is serious. As a delivery person I stopped counting the dog bites at one dozen. And that was early in my career.

A very large percentage of dog owners don't have a clue how to train a dog. From uncontrollable barking to dog fighting to actually biting strangers AND family members. I just have to laugh when I go shopping and park next to an expensive car or SUV with one or two dogs and the dogs are jumping, growling, scratching, drooling - uncontrolably. And, by the way, ruining the interior of that expansive car/SUV. Don't these people know that a dog can be trained not to do this?

And as far as I am concerned anyone with more then one dogs is nuts. Sorry to all you wonderful people who think that two dogs is twice as good as one dog. Or that the other dog needs a playmate. If the other dog needs a playmate, then YOU should be walking the dog more often and spending more quality time with the dog.

Now on to Monty Python. Well, these guys will go down in history as one of the greatest comedy groups ever. Maybe the Dead Parrot Sketch is not appropriate while discussing dog bite. But it is darn funny.

But in the end I have found that mentioning control or training to a dog owner about their dog gets them more upset then mentioning how they raise their children.

So I will probably be jumped upon for stating my views here.

You must have noticed that most people whose kids are out of control, also have dogs who are out of control.
tis is offline   Reply With Quote