View Single Post
Old 08-04-2020, 03:16 PM   #6
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,963 Times in 1,213 Posts

—Locke's Hill is easy and has some cool stone chairs in a glade, but there's not much of a view.

—West Rattlesnake is gorgeous and pretty simple, but it looks at Squam.

—Red Hill is not super difficult (my friend did it with his 4-year-old last weekend) and has a great view of Winni from the fire tower (a less decent view from the ranger cabin). Be sure to take the Cabin Trail to check out some old stuff.

—Mt. Roberts is AMAZING, one of my favorite area hikes, and has great views of Winni.

—Bald Knob has really nice views as well, not too difficult, and lots of lady slippers last I was up.

—Major is gorgeous, but ya gotta be up there early or it's chaos (even midweek). There's an old foundation on top and a few different trail options (I like Major up, Brook down).

—There's also the Abenaki Tower that gives a sorta ok view, but that's not really a hike.

—The Belknap Fire Tower is also a decent little hike but, like other tower hikes, views only come if you climb.

* There is a Tower Quest that gets kids a patch if five towers are hiked/visited.

* There is a Belknap 12 patch if the twelve summits in the Belknap Range are hiked.

* 8+ year-olds should be able to do all these (unless they're sedentary potato types).

* Pack the 10 Essentials and refresh on LNT.

* Enjoy!

I've got maps and info on most all of these, so feel free to message me or reply here if you need anything else.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to thinkxingu For This Useful Post: