Thread: The Dive?
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2018, 07:24 AM   #567
Rich

I finally was on board. Had a burger. It was pretty good, cooked as I requested. A bit of a wait, but it was a busy day, and being on the lake means enjoying the view, so a wait wasn't a problem.

The staff was very friendly and anxious to help. There is no need to bring soggy cash from your bathing suit pockets with you, they take credit cards.

They have music and TVs at the bar showing sports games, so you can catch the Sox or the Pats, if you feel the need for that while your on the lake.

Here is some nit picking for you boys here on the forum so you don't think this is a fake review from someone that hasn't actually visited The Dive:

They need better anti-slip treatment on their stairs going to the top deck. I saw someone almost fall and those self adhesive strip tape treatments they are using are already getting loose. They should fix this quickly with some non skid paint or another type of permanent treatment IMHO.

Don't peek into the window of the helm station. It doesn't give you a "ship shape" feeling, wires are everywhere and things looked a bit jury rigged at best.

It looks like they are using some sort of large surplus military generator for power. I wonder if they found a deal somewhere?

Their all around nav light is mounted on top of the spinning sign, mounted at a 45 degree angle. So they can't run at night under the one bridge as designed if the sign is folded down for clearance? I was surprised that the MP would ok the 45 degree angle, but maybe it's ok?

Summary: Go onboard and enjoy it! The crew is nice, the food is as good as any other place that serves pub type food (and better than many), and you're on the lake with an unbeatable view with your friends! What more could you ask for?

Last edited by Rich; 08-20-2018 at 12:01 PM.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Rich For This Useful Post: