View Single Post
Old 10-28-2008, 07:08 AM   #37
Lakesrider

Thanked 1,016 Times in 345 Posts

Well, I had bought a dock at Quayside a few years back. Liked it so much I bought a house 3 years ago. But I still say that Lake George, NY has it all over Winni. The Weirs is a run down crap pile and people around here think it is the best thing since the Micro Wave oven. Look at it. It needs to be leveled. Bike week is slowly fading into oblivion, and the traffic this year was not nearly as bad as in the past. We will see what the Hannafords does to that now. Holy Moly that is going to be fun on a summer day. Now roundabouts are planned? I would drive around the lake the Wolfeboro way but 109 is so bad in the winter.....When driving becomes a burden, and there isn't enough to do, people will stop coming. They will find somewhere else to go. We keep thinking like people that live here. Because we do. But we need to look at it from the visitors point of view. What are the awesome incentives to come here? Not everyone wants to just veg out. Not if you have kids anyway. Take a look at the town beaches. Most of them are tiny and unkempt at best. Incentive? Well maybe if you want to come up to just look at at all the houses that crowd the shoreline, or the new developments, traffic snarls, mini malls, or run down 100 yard long boardwalk, 45 mile per hour speed limit this coming year....

Passee? No, but on it's way I think.
Lakesrider is offline   Reply With Quote