View Single Post
Old 03-10-2023, 06:22 PM   #10
tis

Thanked 1,381 Times in 957 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
One my regrets is having been invited to go with a group of people there but couldn’t make it…tried to make reservations over the years but it never panned out. Would have loved to have gone there!

Tis have you been there?…I heard is was quite good and a good experience. What was your experience if you have been would love to hear!

Thanks!

Dan
I have been there a few times. It was a great experience, a lot of it was because it was so different. You had appetizers on the boathouse roof first and then went to the porch where there was a long table, you all sat together and they put out dishes and you shared family style. It was BYOB. You had to get your reservations a year or two ahead because they were always booked. And you had to have a certain amount of people (or spend a certain amount of money) in order to go. A lot of the groups went there every year, year after year after year. I am sorry it closed but I know it must have been difficult to have something like that on an island. But it was very unique.
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tis For This Useful Post: