View Single Post
Old 05-29-2021, 08:35 PM   #282
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force5 View Post
Epic,
Sorry I don't believe anything you say. I have watched this video multiple times and come up with the same thing. You want your business based at the town docks. What about the insurance and liability that the selectmen discussed. You don't bring those things up! Run the business from your own dock. Your story keeps changing. Yes many don't want a seaplane tour business run out of Nineteen Mile Bay! You persona in the selectmens meeting was anything but humble but more about "we are going to do it no matter what"! Maybe some fair acting ability. "excellent question"
"excellent question" I never thought of that when referring to the concerns of the fireboat. I urge everyone to watch this video before you comment about yay or nay. People in 19 Mile Bay please watch and comment. Are there only a few who have watched this and feel the same way? I would like to hear everyone's comment after they watch the youtube video of the meeting.
The way you went about this was deceitful. Now tell me how much more business will Pier 19 get with the tour business? If she is not getting anything but a few patrons extra from your business why is she putting her neck out. Sounds like there is more to this. The scary thing is you said if a seaplane wants to land they have to call her!!! That is very scary. Of course she would never say no. Safe or not safe.
I have no qualms about a few seaplanes landing but I do have concerns about a tour business from the public dock.
This tour business is not going to help her store.
Watch people watch. There was no mention of a TOUR BUSINESS. Now that is deceitful!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgOoOKovOys
So this video is very interesting. I don't think it shows ESA or Pier 19 in sort of damaging light. What it does show is that the town selectmen, Peir 19 owner and even ESA, don't have the proper knowledge about boating laws in the state.

If offshore boats go ripping up and down that bay, causing a noise issue. The governing body is not the town at all, nor can the town do anything about it. What would happen would be that the Marine Patrol would be called. They could and would come to the area, perform field noise tests, and order any non-conforming boats off the lake......I know that law well, and how it is enforced.

What I believe this video show is an open dialogue between the town, ESA, and Peir19.... It seems to me the correct process are actually going on... I found it interesting that one of the Selectman even acknowledge that nothing wrong was done, that the state owns the water. What we seem to have here on the forum, is some very loud lobbyists against the idea. Absolutely no different then what happened on this forum with the speed limit on the lake.....

To those lobbyist, be loud that is your right, but ESA, has just laid out his number and name, for people to contact.... Will you do the same, I would love to talk to you and get your side of the story as well.....I am all about listening because the truth is always somewhere in the middle.