View Single Post
Old 05-24-2021, 03:06 PM   #222
CowTimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic Seaplane Adventures View Post
It's a very small, vocal, minority, but they are fighting their own battle with logic when they make the argument.
Please stop making false and unsupported gratuitous assertions. Have you done a survey of support and opposition among 19 Mile Bay residents and Tuftonboro island residents? Without that, please don’t say the opposition is a “small” “minority.” I have spoken with dozens of island residents on this over the last several days, and not a single one is in support.

Posting a screenshot of a facebook page—presumably your personal page—with 92 “thumbs up” from presumably your seaplane pilot friends is not “the actual level of public support.”

And enough already with the barge comparison—that use has been determined by the town to be an entirely appropriate incidental commercial use of the wharf and is expressly permitted by town ordinance. If your entire argument to base a seaplane tour business on town property is the fact that island residents need to use it now and then with a barge to inhabit the islands, you are wasting your time. If that logic were to hold, there would be no reason why I could not bring my food truck and park it right where your plane was this weekend all summer. BTW, you still haven’t explained how that is any different, since your argument boils down to if there is even incidental commercial use, all commercial use is allowed.

I wish you would have let this thread die. There is about as much logic and planning here as the publicity stunt of proposing a volunteer seaplane medical air transport.
CowTimes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CowTimes For This Useful Post: