View Single Post
Old 05-24-2021, 02:18 PM   #221
Epic Seaplane Adventures

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real BigGuy View Post
Epic, you posted 75 db “at the dock”. Did you attempt to get db readings from docks on Chase or Farm Islands or down the mainland side and south end of the bay during takeoff? People don’t live on the dock.

Also, Cow Times posted a list of 9 questions. Instead of answering the questions in a “open discussion” manner, as you have stated you want, you respond to him with a snarky comment. You call people who worked their butts off to acquire a second home on islands and boats “entitled.” Not a way to make friends/supporters & generally bad Business! (Seems I’ve read similar comments about the store owner in this thread.)

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
This thread is pretty much dead now, but I think that you are misreading my comments. I have a second home and a boat etc etc... I didn't say these people are acting entitled because of that at all. The entitlement comes from the nay say'ers who are acting like they are entitled to the priority of a public dock. I'm not saying things like, "I have a plane, and I should have priority over that side of the dock because I live out on the island" etc etc. They are saying however, "I have a house on the island, so it's ok for me to use the dock for commercial purposes." My comments are pointing out how they are acting entitled to the dock for their commercial use, but then try to prevent any other commercial use. I'll have you know that the barge owners are on my side on this. They all are saying that me picking up and dropping off someone at the dock should not be treated any differently than them picking up and dropping off things for the islanders.

It's a very small, vocal, minority, but they are fighting their own battle with logic when they make the argument.

My point was that they are being hypocritical when they accuse me of being "entitled".
Epic Seaplane Adventures is offline   Reply With Quote