View Single Post
Old 10-05-2021, 02:22 PM   #283
John Mercier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descant View Post
If you're fired for lack of Vax, can you collect unemployment benefits? I see a mix of masked and unmasked in restaurant staff. "official guidance" seems to be more confusing than helpful, regardless of location or occupation. If potential workers don't get jabbed, will they wear a mask? The groups you mention, health care, LEO, first responders, are largely union. Will this impact their availability to collect benefits from their unions? I've always been a worker, not an employer, so my knowledge in this area is minimal.
The official guidance is from the State of NH... or whatever State they are in.
NH doesn't have a vaccination mandate, and I doubt we will for most employment. Employers can require it, but for most of the jobs we have in the various industries, it will not be an issue.

Retail staff, including restaurants, are no longer required to wear the mask per official guidance from the State of NH, but some companies have chosen to return to company policy of the staff to be masked. Signs outside generally inform customers that it is their choice to mask or not... with a suggestion to mask.

So you are seeing a mixture of the official guidance and company policy.