View Single Post
Old 06-27-2020, 10:43 AM   #309
Major

Thanked 1,000 Times in 415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdarby View Post
Geez Major, of all people I hope you are not discounting the bravery of our current armed forces that are at this very minute in harms way. I also found the comparison misguided. My father was one of those men 75 years ago. He received 4 campaign ribbons and the bronze star. The unfortunate irony in that image is that not all those veterans from WWII are gone. Now they are at the highest risk of succumbing to this “hoax” virus. ‘Thank you for your bravery 75 years ago and the freedoms it brought to the world. Sorry I dont value your life enough today to wear a mask.’

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
As consistently happens in this Forum, not once did I denigrate the brave men and women of our Armed Forces. What I said is that in a time of crisis, such as Pearl Harbor where nearly every able bodied man signed up willingly to defend our great nation, our current crop of young men would not rise to the challenge. They do not value freedom and liberty enough to make such a sacrifice.

And to answer another question, I am very compassionate, compassionate of the tens of millions of people, like my son, who lost their jobs as a result of this nonsense, compassionate to the tens of thousands of small business owners who lost lifetimes of work and capital, compassionate to the people who have to work harder while the people forced not to work try to get their lives in order. I also have compassion for the elderly and the people with preexisting conditions. They need to take more responsibility for their safety and if they are unable to do so their families need to pitch in. Let the rest of us go about our lives normally. IT'S A BAD FLU for crying out loud, not the Black Plague.
The Following User Says Thank You to Major For This Useful Post: