View Single Post
Old 11-01-2008, 10:01 AM   #47
HUH

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa meredith View Post
Um, I don't think any business owner would quite agree with you there.
I have a hard time thinking a guy, let's say, selling pizza, would be standing outside of his shop on the strip, waxing poetic about the small lines, and lack of a crowd.
Or the owner of a marina saying, "wow, it sure is nice to have available slips, and, God, am I happy about not selling too much gas."
Or a waitress saying "well, I only had three parties tonight, but, you know what? It was nice and peaceful in the restaurant. Small crowd, nice and quiet."
You sorta need people (read: customers) in large numbers, to make things go.
As a local business owner I get the idea. I actualy like the area more in the off season "call me crazy". If you arnt running your business in a way that can weather the cyclic slow times that have always existed here then you should rethink your business plan. The reason the area is such a wonderful place to live and do business are these seasonal changes IMHO. Attracting more and more people to the area will inevitably be its downfall. The reputation for being a zoo has already affected Lake Winni's popularity. And to be honest im loving every minute of it.. so quiet you can hear the loons
HUH is offline   Reply With Quote