Thread: Trex
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2022, 10:30 AM   #2
ishoot308

Thanked 4,942 Times in 1,917 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winilyme View Post
Question for those in the building trades that are close to this.

We had a large Trex deck built at our CT home this past fall. It's awesome and it is a glorious thought that I'll never need to sand or stain it.

An extra bonus is that there was nearly enough decking left over to replace a small walkway that extends about 25 feet around the edge of our Winni cottage (ground level). The current PT version has been there for many years and is finally giving up the ghost.

I'll be ordering the PT lumber and other materials such as flashing paper and hardware for the underside framing. However, I still need two 16' Trex boards for the picture framing around the outer edges of the walkway. My question is, can such a small quantity be ordered without paying a huge shipping fee? Or, do lumberyards carry surplus inventory where a small amount like this might be in stock?

The Trex decking is Transcends - color: Spiced Rum.

Also wondering where you'd recommend I purchase this locally. I was considering Middleton as I'm in Meredith. I would be purchasing the framing lumber and everything else there as well. I'd like to build the walkway this August or September but if lead times would preclude that, I'd settle for next spring.

Thanks for your advice.
Lowe's carries it....

https://www.lowes.com/search?searchT...cend%20decking

Dan