View Single Post
Old 02-10-2021, 07:41 AM   #4
fatlazyless

Thanks very much for that last post about the leaking head gasket on a 2015 Suburu Forester

The car I'm looking at has the base engine, a 2.5i 170hp and came up with these comments from www.cashcarsbuyer.com

"Despite Suburu's track record for reliable vehicles, their 2.5L engine has become almost infamous in the automobile industry for having problems. Specifically, these engines have been susceptible to leaking head gaskets and it was such an ongoing issue that it almost became a joke amongst mechanics."

Oh well ...... just got four new tires last Tuesday for the old Scion so's I guess I just keep on adding a 2.98 qt of SuperTech 5w-20 in the very familiar blue bottle with every gas fill-up. I must be the #1 biggest buyer of Walmart motor oil in the whole country what with this defective Scion xB I got from the Irwin Zone back in 2014, but at least it is very reliable.

Ya know ...... what this country really needs to make it great again is a FORD ESCAPE with front wheel drive, a four cylinder 175-hp engine, and a five speed manual transmission ........that sells for $17995-new ..... and only comes in gray outside, gray inside ...... it is that simple ..... but for some unknown crazy reason ..... it does not exist. And, the Ford Motor Co. is perfectly capable of making it, too, named the gray Ford Escape, or just the gray car.

And, bring back those triangular small vent windows in the two front corners!