View Single Post
Old 08-16-2021, 12:20 AM   #11
mswlogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAB1 View Post
Hopefully your running full scale on the water testing and consulting with people who reading and recommending the proper filtration…..
Water was tested by the Well company. And I independently tested it several times. It’s only iron (which is not a health concern but an annoyance). There are many ways to remove iron, some have side effects and some are costly short term and some are more costly long term.

This is the way I chose for now. Cheap in the short run and no side effects. But in the long run a little more expensive. I was thinking of this being temporary but it’s working so well right now I might keep it when the house is rebuilt. If I can get a year or more out of a set of filters I think it’s a win.

Our last house, just around the corner, had the exact same issue, just iron. It had a very large iron removal tank and softener (typically how it’s done). The salt back wash brine killed a bunch of trees near the house. I switched to potassium. Which is very expensive but much better for the environment. But the water was too soft. Water right now is perfect, not to hard not to soft. Ph is perfect too.

It’s not rocket science.

I’ve probably tested the iron 20 times (both dissolved and undisolved).
But honestly our taste buds / nose are about as accurate.
We noticed every glitch with our nose and then confirmed it with a test.
We can probably sense the difference between 0.1ppm and 0ppm of iron, basically your nose doesn’t want any iron.
mswlogo is offline   Reply With Quote