View Single Post
Old 08-05-2020, 04:40 PM   #4
TheTimeTraveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
www.autohausmeredith.com is where I would take it to see what they say.

So, my 2013 Scion xB, 5-speed manual, with 205,000 miles still has the original four spark plugs, original continuous belt, orig fuel pump ...... all that's new are tires, various light bulbs, wiper blades, oil/filter, anti-freeze, and engine air filter and had the front windshield replaced once ...... so, how does that work ..... what's up with this. Plan to keep driving it until it needs some unknown super expensive repair or something????

And, when that happens, I will call Busky's Auto Repair in Ashland to come haul it in for repair on their flat bed truck ....... that's my plan. Busky's in Ashland, Rt 93-Exit 24, is a wicked good repair place for a car like mine!
The original poster was posting that his timing belt light came on at over 100,000 miles.

I could be wrong, but I believe your Scion has a timing chain instead of a timing belt. A timing chain should last a lifetime without any issues, while timing belts do need to be changed around the 100K mark.

Shame on Automobile Companies to continue producing vehicles with timing belts instead of timing chains.... A real easy change on the production line!
TheTimeTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote