View Single Post
Old 07-18-2011, 08:06 PM   #56
NH_boater

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeF-NH View Post
I think you can see this topic pretty evenly split between those who own lake front property and those who do not.
I do not think the split is as clean as some may think. I am a lake front property owner and I believe there should not be NRZ's. I would support a limit of 3 or 4 boats to a raft, lake-wide, to avoid navigation congestion but I do not think there should be restrictions for 'small' rafts and I do not support any 'no anchoring zones' keeping craft 150ft or any other distance from shore. I believe the lake is public property for public use, not the privileged use of land owners (myself included).

I have not seen any long rafts, more than 3 boats. I have seen them on other lakes and they can be an impressive obstacle.

I would support stronger enforcement for trespassing on private land, dogs relieving themselves on private land, littering, excessive noise or inappropriate behavior such as public nudity or public intoxication. All of which are already covered by existing laws or statues.

I bought my lake front land with full awareness that I am buying property in front of a 'state park' and all the fun that comes with it. I believe that all land owners bought the same way, but some would now like to quarantine their corner for their private use. Don't like the lake activity, you are perfectly free to move.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NH_boater For This Useful Post: