View Single Post
Old 02-08-2005, 10:47 PM   #18
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts

M-n-M -- Interesting you mention West Alton sand bar. We keep our boat at West Alton Marina, and while it can be very crowded on the Sand bar, east or south side of channel, and can be just as crowded on the other side, the one thing I have not seen in the two years we have had our boat at WAM are rafters blocking the channel. Are a few loud???? are a few inconsiderate by nearly running over your anchor line to get to "their" spot???? Do I enjoy being in the middle of all that???? That's a yes, yes, and a no. So, like you, I go elsewhere (the beauty of a four step ladder - swim up, climb in, life is good) and it doesn't have to be shallow.

Silver Duck --- We have called the type mentality you refer to as elementary school mentality...one kid is bad so let's all put our heads down. It has become a management style with companies as well, so it's no wonder that it is making its way into government thinking.

Education, Education, Courtesy, and Enforcement!!! sure could go a long way towards happier boating and enjoyment of the lake.