View Single Post
Old 03-24-2005, 05:55 AM   #36
Belmont Resident

Default trfour

You are correct about a lot of what you say I see it in Maine also.
But according to the weather stations many of NE including NH and ME are above normal for snowfall this year. The problem was after a storm the groomers wait to long to get out and the trails in this area get trashed before they even have a chance. Not sure about other areas but in Belmont that is what I've observed. Also I've seen trucks driving on the snowmobile trails in Belmont this year.
This is why I'm glad they made everyone register in Maine. I hope it stays that way for good. I've noticed a drop in the yahoo's in the last 2-3 years.
Although as NH gets more and more crowded I suppose Maine will eventually become more and more like NH has become. When that happens I expect to see a speed limit imposed.
Fortunately for us we ride off trail. In Maine there are thousands of miles of roads open to riding. With our long track sleds we can do an easy 200 miles of riding in 4-5 foot snow where no one else has ventured.