View Single Post
Old 03-10-2005, 09:48 PM   #18
codeman671

Easy Mink Islander...Yes there are jerks everywhere. Do some research on the number of violations each year and where the offenders are from. The people who do the bulk of the wrongdoing in our area are not from our area. Period. We could debate on where these people are from all day long but it wil not solve anything and obviously we all have our own opinions. I have experience as well as both a rider in other areas and a landowner with state approved trails that run through my own property. And this (me) rider from the seacoast was not the jerk in question...I do hope they are caught.

If landowners want to keep people off their property they cannot just hope for the best. They need to take action and make it ABSOLUTELY CLEAR that tresspassers are not wanted. If someone comes on to your property and crashes doing harm to themselves or their machine they could sue you, whether or not they would win remains to be seen but is it worth the headaches/legal fees? Protect yourself. The state offers a blanket insurance policy to clubs and protects registered landowners from legal issues. The state policy does not protect posted property, this is between the landowner and the offender.
codeman671 is offline   Reply With Quote