View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010, 09:43 AM   #10
Argie's Wife

I don't know if either of my cats were several generations of wild/feral cat, but both had to be gradually tamed to even be touched by a human, let alone live in a home. It takes months to bring them to a place where you can pat them - never mind bring them into a home with children and then introduce other pets... Wild is wild, no matter how you cut it. A cat that's fended for itself for all its life is no picnic to tame. My parents were both in animal control so I knew what it took from first hand experience as a kid.

Our girl cat came unglued for a little bit when we brought home a dog... (and he's about as cat friendly as a dog can be...) After she beat up the dog a few times, she was better.

Our boy cat was okay in the home until the oldest Arglet started crawling at about 9 months old, and then he started tackling the poor kid. The cat still gets wacky every now and then - but now he's 17lbs and 8 years old - that's a lot of wacky running through the house and attacking the couch arms.

If you want to know who owns whom, I think we're owned by our cats.

Last edited by Argie's Wife; 09-12-2010 at 06:52 AM.
Argie's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote