View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 11:13 PM   #2
Argie's Wife

Yes, I am a cat lover.

I have also taken in feral cats and my mother has as well. Where she lives, in Ossippee, there's an issue going on with the shelter there as they will NOT accept feral cats.

Well, one things cats are very good at doing is making more cats. Feral cats are no exception. At this time my mother is caring for five feral cats by feeding them, letting them sleep in the barn, and caging them to take to the vets for immunizations and/or neutering. She lives on a limited income and pays for all this herself. She's approached the shelter in Ossippee and was told it was against their policy to take ferrel cats - so, she felt she had no choice but to care for the cats who show up... (I've joked with her that the cats have installed an "All You Can Eat" neon sign on her porch that only they can see...)

Some of the cats were obviously house pets at some point but were dropped off, abandoned. It's my understanding that the shelter also charges folks to drop off animals they have to abandon - but I could be wrong, feel free to correct me if I am...

Anyhow, with the exception of Cat1st and folks who are willing to tame/adopt/care for these cats, there's not much for choices, would you agree?

Hats off to Cats1st for their efforts - and to those who support them!

Last edited by Argie's Wife; 09-09-2010 at 09:37 AM.
Argie's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote