View Single Post
Old 12-08-2022, 12:51 PM   #11
SailinAway

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
Looking at your phone while driving is a violation but it's ok to stare at a video screen to turn up the defroster. I hate all that crap and can't stand adding so called tech to a simple process. Heat, vent, defrost. Fan low, med, high. why was that bad?
What I find disturbing is the learning curve to master basic functions in a car. Three years ago I bought a new car in Salem and had to drive it home after dark, in the rain, over unfamiliar roads. I couldn't figure out how to operate the lights or the windshield wipers. Three years later, I still don't know exactly how the front and rear wipers work---I just try all the buttons and settings randomly. There are at least 13 settings just for the wipers. Same for the menu---to adjust something I have to hunt through the manual because NOTHING IS INTUITIVE. For safety, such things should be obvious and intuitive and not rely on a good memory.

The principle at work here is that designers don't care a bit about the user experience. They're not asking us the simple questions, what do you need/not need? What do you want/not want?
SailinAway is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SailinAway For This Useful Post: