View Single Post
Old 03-22-2023, 03:14 PM   #16
Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
Yes, he will be required to wear one while doing anything alone, on his kayak or fishing tournaments, etc. and whenever it's legally required (jetski).

In talking to my wife last evening, I think we're going to go with a conditional policy at first—rough waters, high traffic areas, windy docking situations will still require a PFD.

Though there is always a danger to any activity, there's also always a line between caution and risk. As a parent, that line is sometimes hard to define!

Sent from my SM-G990U1 using Tapatalk
Thinkxingu - I have followed your posts since you first became a member and although we have never met, feel we are quite similar in many ways when it comes to boating.

Like many other things as a Parent - this decision is strictly between you and your wife. It aligns with curfews set and other such things that as a kid you may hate but have to follow.

For me, I was in a very similar situation (decision point) not so long ago with my two granddaughters --- my decision should have NO bearing on what you decide to do.

You do what YOU feel comfortable with -- you are QUITE familiar with this Lake now & also the area where you commonly boat. You have experienced the Lake at its best (glass) and it's ugliest.