View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 07:14 AM   #12
LakeSnake

Default Not the same

Went for Mothers day. The ladies both had the 1 1/4 baked stuffed lobster which was reported to be good. Although it was noted that the stuffing was not quite as pleantyfull or good as before. I had the Pecan Crusted Chicken and my son the Chicken Parm both of which were over cooked and dry. Not very impressed with that. As for the service it a little disorganized which can be expected with a new opening.

We went back to the bar Saturday night and ate at the bar. I had the Prime Rib MW for which I was served the end cut and promptly sent it back - no paying $28.00 for end cut - sorry - the new rib was brought out in good fashion and was a little rare but was good. The other half got the backed haddock and scallopls combo which used to be her favorite - there was quite a bit of confusion from the staff as to what she was ordering how it would be prepared. I was surprised by this as it was an old menu item. She was not impressed with end result and said she would not order it again. My son had a burger ordered med well - came out med rare - he did not even eat it. Bar staff not very well organized and still getting used to the new set up - not that it is that much different. They spent most of thier time with their backs to the customers discussing the new computer system for managing the service bar and checks.
The bill was $112.00 for the Prime Rib, Backed Haddock, Burger and two drinks a piece. Wifes wine was $10 a very small glass.
As we were leaving noted that the bar tender - who is familiar with us -was more concerned with looking to see if I had signed the merchant copy of the bill instead of thanking us and wishing us well.

This was an old favorite that we frequented quite a few times over the summer in previous years. Unfortunately we all concluded that we won't be in much of hurry to return.