View Single Post
Old 12-13-2020, 10:38 PM   #85
P-3 Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2665 View Post
The original discussion came about about smoking and you said you were charged extra in your policy for smoking and I said that that was unlikely. If you don’t want to give me the information so I can make an educated response that’s fine that’s your choice.
Nope. The original discussion came about because I wrote "For other preventable diseases, there are ways currently being employed that hopefully modify behavior for the greater good. For instance, it's common for health insurance premiums to be more expensive for those who use tobacco." You then replied "You are wrong about the Heath insurance statement. That only applies to life insurance." Not that it was "unlikely," but that I "was wrong" about higher premiums for tobacco users.

And what do you need to make an educated guess about? I only mentioned my health insurance, after your misstatement of fact, as an example of a plan that does in fact charge higher premiums for tobacco users, contrary to your claim. So, you said that health insurance plans don't charge extra for tobacco use ("That only applies to life insurance") before I mentioned anything about my plan. I wasn't seeking any advice or guidance about my health plan, and yet you for some reason think that details about my health plan are critical to some kind of response from you.

Quote:
I’m not asking for personal information about your individual coverage all I’m saying is what type of policy did your company create. Self-insured or traditional, that’s it but you don’t want to answer so that’s fine.have a great night.
The information you seem so desperate to have is, again, completely irrelevant to the issue being discussed: in general, are there health insurance plans that can and do charge a higher premium for tobacco users. As far as I am concerned, we are now in agreement on that point, yes?

Quote:
By the way I certainly have better things to do than PM you about this
And yet here you are, 10 posts and nearly 28 hours after you said you were done.