View Single Post
Old 12-13-2020, 02:41 PM   #71
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMI Guy View Post
Enough. I stated earlier that “it's common for health insurance premiums to be more expensive for those who use tobacco.” Your direct response was “You are wrong about the Heath (sic) insurance statement. That only applies to life insurance.” As much as I can on a public internet forum, I’ve tried to show you that your categorical denial is not correct.

Your subsequent responses (paraphrasing here) have morphed from “well, ok, under Obamacare a tobacco user might pay more,” to “well, maybe if you are not part of a group plan that covers more than 150 people,” and most recently “well, yes, that could be true if you’re covered by an employer self-insured plan even if it’s a group plan that covers more than 150 people.”

So, to put this to bed, can we at least agree that there are some health insurance plans out there that can and do charge higher premiums for tobacco users?
Wow. I am asking legitimate questions from an area I know very well.

Open market health insurance has different guidelines then normal group coverage as do plans that are self insured by the employer.

In typical group coverage which most employers have rates are composite and there are no tests of any kind or questionnaires to answer to obtain coverage.

I was merely trying to ascertain the type of plan your employer offers. I did assume initially you had a traditional non self insured group plan but if that’s not the case fine.

No need to hop on your high horse I asked valid questions and it’s certainly your right to answer or not those questions

Later

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app