View Single Post
Old 12-13-2020, 02:26 PM   #70
P-3 Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2665 View Post
Is this plan a self insured plan by your employer? That would be a completely different ball game.

Look up the law not the ACA or open market coverage which is not applicable here.

I have been purchasing health insurance fir my companies for many years through many law changes.

Currently large employers are all composite rated not based on pre existing conditions and there is no blood test or any other test required to coverage or to determine premium cost.
Enough. I stated earlier that “it's common for health insurance premiums to be more expensive for those who use tobacco.” Your direct response was “You are wrong about the Heath (sic) insurance statement. That only applies to life insurance.” As much as I can on a public internet forum, I’ve tried to show you that your categorical denial is not correct.

Your subsequent responses (paraphrasing here) have morphed from “well, ok, under Obamacare a tobacco user might pay more,” to “well, maybe if you are not part of a group plan that covers more than 150 people,” and most recently “well, yes, that could be true if you’re covered by an employer self-insured plan even if it’s a group plan that covers more than 150 people.”

So, to put this to bed, can we at least agree that there are some health insurance plans out there that can and do charge higher premiums for tobacco users?