View Single Post
Old 12-13-2020, 01:09 PM   #69
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMI Guy View Post
You are not correct and I don’t need to consult the benefits administrator. I have a rates chart for the current year that assigns rates based on several different factors, including full time and part time employees, who is covered (employee only, employee and children, employee and spouse, employee and family), etc. At the bottom of the chart, a note appears stating that a specific dollar amount will be added to the premium for employees enrolled in the health plan who test positive for tobacco or who do not test. The annual premium increase for those who test positive or who do not test is more than $1,100. Will you now be telling me that I’m not really reading what is plainly in front of me? This is for a group plan that covers well over 150 people. The plan that covers me is not by any means unique in this practice.
Is this plan a self insured plan by your employer? That would be a completely different ball game.

Look up the law not the ACA or open market coverage which is not applicable here.

I have been purchasing health insurance fir my companies for many years through many law changes.

Currently large employers are all composite rated not based on pre existing conditions and there is no blood test or any other test required to coverage or to determine premium cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app