View Single Post
Old 12-13-2020, 12:57 PM   #68
P-3 Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2665 View Post
If you are part of a group plan over 150 employees you are NOT charged for smoking it’s a composite rate for the entire group only based on the type of plan single, employee and spouse, employee and children or family plan. . The ACA guidelines posted are for Obamacare not group policies. Consult your benefits administrator you will see I am correct.
You are not correct and I don’t need to consult the benefits administrator. I have a rates chart for the current year that assigns rates based on several different factors, including full time and part time employees, who is covered (employee only, employee and children, employee and spouse, employee and family), etc. At the bottom of the chart, a note appears stating that a specific dollar amount will be added to the premium for employees enrolled in the health plan who test positive for tobacco or who do not test. The annual premium increase for those who test positive or who do not test is more than $1,100. Will you now be telling me that I’m not really reading what is plainly in front of me? This is for a group plan that covers well over 150 people. The plan that covers me is not by any means unique in this practice.