View Single Post
Old 12-12-2020, 06:04 PM   #67
LoveLakeLife

Who cares about infection rates? That’s a false marker. People get sick every day. The death rate is what’s important. Remember the goal of flattening the curve for two weeks?

I’m not minimizing the symptoms when people get the virus, but they get better and are not at risk of dying.

It’s a virus. Viruses spread. Don’t be so naive as to think human behavior can ameliorate that. If everyone in the world stood still in their own individual sealed rooms for a month, then maybe. But people are human and they move around and interact. The virus will do what viruses have done for millennia and when it’s over it’s over. Thankfully the vaccine will hasten things.

Finally, “what’s best for me” is a perfectly good and admirable attitude. America is not a collective. It’s millions of individuals competing to make a better standard of living as a consequence of effort and innovation. It’s not Panacea. If wearing a mask and pretending one is a better person because of it makes one feel superior or even just a little better about themselves, so be it. But don’t think that other people see you in that light.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LoveLakeLife For This Useful Post: