View Single Post
Old 12-12-2020, 05:56 PM   #66
JEEPONLY
Deceased Member

Wink Great response!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillygirl View Post
Obviously, these large gatherings mean that some people are coming from outside the home and bringing the virus with them, or the virus is in the home already, and visitors pick it up. Then everyone leaves, some are infected, and they go on to infect other people at the next gathering they attend, not knowing that they’re contagious. Ergo, the only way for this to stop happening is for people to sit in their homes where there are either infected people and it’s contained or the home is clear and stays that way. It’s basic logic. As I said, it’s unrealistic for people to just sit inside their house.

And it includes social gatherings as well. How many weddings have been superspreader events? There was a large increase in the northern plains after Sturgis. And that Biogen conference that kicked things off in Boston may be responsible for over 300,000 infections.

Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Also- for those choosing to do what is "best for me"- does that include all of the sport-playing youth (that you don't know), whom we know are so vigilant about mitigation (ha-ha) , who will be at those large gatherings at home?

We know being young right now isn't what it should be- but putting their families at risk isn't a choice you should be making for them.
Prevailing influence, being what it is, will guide them.