View Single Post
Old 12-12-2020, 03:43 PM   #57
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMI Guy View Post
Absolutely, cancer and diabetes are serious health concerns, in some cases are preventable and in many cases are treatable. COVID-19 is now the leading cause of death in the United States, and the demonstrated ways to prevent its spread are far easier to manage when compared to cancer and diabetes. I can make a conscious decision to use or not use tobacco and eat or not eat sugary foods, but when we're not able to identify where COVID-19 is or is not, community cooperation is needed to stem the spread of the disease. I'm not suggesting that everyone should stay home and quarantine; for any number of reasons that would be not just impractical but impossible. But there are things we can all do that while inconvenient are not overly burdensome. It's about shared sacrifice in the short term for a long term benefit.

Any person who chooses not to take easy precautions to keep himself/herself from becoming infected, fine, live your life. I just ask that A) if that person becomes infected and needs medical care, they voluntarily go to the end of the line and allow others who need medical care to be treated first, and B) unless that person knows 100% that they are not infected, they not present a potential risk to others, unless those others are like-minded and have also chosen not to take the easy precautions. In other words, you doing you is fine, until it impacts other people.
So are you also saying if I’m diabetic and don’t what my diet or I smoke and get cancer I should also go to the end of the line?

Yes read my posts, me doing me doesn’t affect anyone. As I said I wear a mask
And distance but I will not stay home and do not believe in shut downs.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app