View Single Post
Old 12-12-2020, 01:20 PM   #50
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMI Guy View Post
If by "my numbers" you mean the New York data in your post #30 above, those numbers are from state contact tracing data for the period September to November. So, two things: 1) these numbers are based on statistical assumptions, therefore by your definition they are also unreliable, and 2) odds are pretty good that a lot of the restaurant activity in New York from September to November was outdoors, which is less likely to be the case for December and the following few months.

The article on the Stanford study also cited the CDC "which said in September that a study of adults across 11 U.S. cities who tested positive for the novel coronavirus were twice as likely to have dined out within the last two weeks than those who tested negative."

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6936a5.htm

You're smart enough to form your own conclusion based on whatever you choose to believe or ignore. Some people may find additional information from reputable sources helpful.
Again all those numbers from Stanford are riddled with assumptions. I have formed my opinion and will continue to patron the local establishments to assist them in getting through this. If you want to stay home that’s your choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app