View Single Post
Old 12-12-2020, 12:15 PM   #45
P-3 Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2665 View Post
First of all it’s extremely scary that they tracked 98 million people thru their cell phone data. Secondly I find this method unreliable and even the study says it “suggests”. My numbers i quoted are hard numbers not statistical assumptions.
If by "my numbers" you mean the New York data in your post #30 above, those numbers are from state contact tracing data for the period September to November. So, two things: 1) these numbers are based on statistical assumptions, therefore by your definition they are also unreliable, and 2) odds are pretty good that a lot of the restaurant activity in New York from September to November was outdoors, which is less likely to be the case for December and the following few months.

The article on the Stanford study also cited the CDC "which said in September that a study of adults across 11 U.S. cities who tested positive for the novel coronavirus were twice as likely to have dined out within the last two weeks than those who tested negative."

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6936a5.htm

You're smart enough to form your own conclusion based on whatever you choose to believe or ignore. Some people may find additional information from reputable sources helpful.