View Single Post
Old 12-09-2020, 03:28 PM   #8
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts
Default Laconia Oct 3 ice hockey ref tests positive

Quote:
Originally Posted by hd333 View Post
Let me caveat this by saying I am a parent of kids in youth sports.

It isn’t so much the actual sport being played, and it is not just hockey, it is the behavior of parents and kids before, after, and during games.

Parents can’t watch the games socially distanced in the stands, which is STUPID, so they huddle together and watch it on an iPad or projector at a tailgate, at someone’s house or while sitting in a car with other parents, while most likely eating and drinking.

Kids jump in parents cars together between games to stay warm, have a snack or whatever. Do the math, 5 kids in a car, no way to social distance

The excuse is that we are are friends and we have a bubble so it is ok is BS.

People don’t understand that these “bubbles” are not as small as they think. If just one of the parents interacts with the public for his/her job then that bubble just multiplied tenfold.

Common sense needs to come into play.

It may not be easy to tell your friends or kids that jamming into a car or other tight space with 5 people is not the right thing to do at this time, but it beats exposing parents/grandparents to a virus that could potentially kill them.

People have to worry about others not just themselves, I don’t think everyone understands that point.

Getting the vaccine distributed is the only way to end all this BS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow. I completely disagree. By your standards the whole country needs to be shut down which is ludicrous

I am a parent, manager of a travel hockey team and coach of a high school ice ice team both which my son plays for. The situations you describe and not what our teams practice at all and also the same could be said in your scenario if it is happening, for all youth sports.

So why are some being played and others not?

Also the same could be said for any situation were there are groups, like outings, dinners etc where apparently you can only catch Covid walking to your table or going to the bathroom but not while eating at your table. Additionally you can more likely catch it after 10pm and having a drink at the bar if you don’t eat food.

It’s all crap and the kids are suffering.

I will also tell you this, NO-ONE is forcing me to take a vaccine, I have never gotten the flu shot and never had it.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to joey2665 For This Useful Post: