View Single Post
Old 12-09-2020, 02:06 PM   #6
hd333

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2665 View Post
I wouldn’t acknowledge the article from the Times. It’s a bunch of crap. Youth sports do have some isolated issues like other areas but it’s not a major issue. Worst is the inconsistency in what sports can or cannot be played. Your can play lacrosse and baseball but not hockey with players completely covered head to toe and playing inside well ventilated rinks. You cannot tell me it’s more risky than baseball where you share the same ball hold runners on base close contact on sliding next to others on the bench etc. again it’s crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Let me caveat this by saying I am a parent of kids in youth sports.

It isn’t so much the actual sport being played, and it is not just hockey, it is the behavior of parents and kids before, after, and during games.

Parents can’t watch the games socially distanced in the stands, which is STUPID, so they huddle together and watch it on an iPad or projector at a tailgate, at someone’s house or while sitting in a car with other parents, while most likely eating and drinking.

Kids jump in parents cars together between games to stay warm, have a snack or whatever. Do the math, 5 kids in a car, no way to social distance

The excuse is that we are are friends and we have a bubble so it is ok is BS.

People don’t understand that these “bubbles” are not as small as they think. If just one of the parents interacts with the public for his/her job then that bubble just multiplied tenfold.

Common sense needs to come into play.

It may not be easy to tell your friends or kids that jamming into a car or other tight space with 5 people is not the right thing to do at this time, but it beats exposing parents/grandparents to a virus that could potentially kill them.

People have to worry about others not just themselves, I don’t think everyone understands that point.

Getting the vaccine distributed is the only way to end all this BS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hd333 For This Useful Post: