View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009, 07:38 AM   #44
brk-lnt

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoBozo View Post
YUP..M & M. This discussion is interesting but probably not Resolvable. FWIW: My boat is a 20' Donzi Classic......And has a FOREDECK.

I have a Combination Red/Green at the bow.

I have a removable "mast" just ahead of the windscreen with TWO WHITE lights at the top. One is a white light facing foreward that exceeds 180 degrees. That same light can be switched to make it a full 360 degrees..ie..Combined: Now an "Anchor Light".

The boat also has a White light "built in" to the TRANSOM which is less than 180 degrees.

When I am underway at night...I have the Red/Green ON, the Mast Light ON ... @ something OVER 180 degrees facing forward.....AND the White Transom light ON. The factory switches on the dashboard pretty much dictate what my choices are. NB

I Can't find this EXACT combination of lights in the Boating Handbooks. OH WELL. You do the best you can......NB
Your setup is the requirement for boats >12meters, and certainly permissible on smaller boats.

Under 12meters it's permissible to use an all-around mast light (located behind the driver) instead of the separate stern/forward light.