View Single Post
Old 04-04-2020, 12:31 PM   #150
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,966 Times in 1,214 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue Doe-Nym View Post
Life is too short to allow yourself to get bored, but it’s difficult to figure out something productive to do that’s manageable. Since we’re supposed to be in isolation pretty much, doing something for others is a challenge. I have thought about knitting hats for cancer patients, but don’t have enough materials except for a few. If I decide to organize my spices alphabetically, then it’s time for the loony bin! Any positive suggestions are welcome. Can’t do heavy lifting.
We've been remotely meeting with family, reading books, taking long walks, and enjoying cooking and playing games.

Another thing I've really enjoyed is pulling out old CDs and sitting and listening to them like I've not been able to do in a long while (in another life, I was an A/V salesman).

Finally, my kids have been out in the back yard for a long while creating their own "camps" with extra tarps and hammocks.

There's no doubt that this is horrible in most respects, but it's really reminded me of the simple joys I used to love.

Take care, friend.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to thinkxingu For This Useful Post: