View Single Post
Old 12-03-2010, 02:14 PM   #23
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,090 Times in 784 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winniboater81 View Post
I dont know why you people are upset that your tax assesment went down. You knew that if your tax assesment went down, they were just going to hike the tax rate to make up for it...which they did, and it washes.

If you have a buyer looking at your property and they go off the tax assesment as a guide to a purchase price they dont know what they are doing. I have been in real estate / mortgage business for a long time, and rarely do people run off the tax assesment.

My home in Laconia was just assesed at 204k down from 229k. I just turned down an offer of 302k. You need to understand more about the trends of the market.
Maybe I should hire you as a broker. I had a chance to purchase a short sale and save myself $600 a month. However, the banks no longer deal bridge loans. Original price on my property set by the first broker was 235. Then he drop it to 210. When the other property fell through a deal, I had another broker try to sell my property at 175. When the unit next door sold for 148.5 my broker called and told me that because of that, I will have to bring the price down to 148.5 or wait a few months. The other property is still available as the mortgage company will not lower the price. I just found out that there will be a lien for back taxes on the other property as the mortgage company is not paying the taxes.

I tried to convince the banks that I will rent out my property and live in the other until the first property is sold. Both properties are prime rentals. Doesn't work that way. The local bank actually pointed at the LADASUN rental page and says 'Good Luck'. I will never go back there again.