Thread: Computer help
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2016, 07:55 AM   #16
donmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
... I had computers since the DEC Rainbow....
That made me smile. My first real engineering job was developing the operating system for the DECmate II that was released alongside the Rainbow and Pro.

I have had many computers over the years, but about 5 years ago my when my kids were in college, they convinced me to try a Mac. I bought a Mac Air and now doubt I will ever go back to a PC. I have never installed any anti-virus software and have come to treat my mac as an appliance. It just works. I rarely even reboot. It has been by far the most reliable and pleasant computer I have ever owned. And it still looks great. I am a consultant and use this little laptop all day every day. When working at home it often powers 2 large monitors.

Anyway, I finally understand what all those crazy mac people that have worked for me off and on over the years were going on about. I want a new mac but this littler bugger will not die. If you want trouble-free computing, consider a mac. Commercial over.