View Single Post
Old 04-29-2022, 09:22 PM   #26
John Mercier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie Cougar View Post
Not really.

My parents home on the lake, which is now my sister’s home, has a screened porch that I have always loved. It is long and narrow, about 8‘ x 18‘ long. You enter the screen porch through two sliders from the house which is level with the house, no step down. The floor is Flagstone and I’m assuming it’s on top of concrete. I am not looking for a wooden floor with slats that are open to below. I’m looking for a more finished look while keeping it just basically a screened porch.
I would love to build this room exactly the way it is with my only question being if I could fill in the bottom screens is some type of material that would block the wind.

I will check into the window curtains. Do you have any personal knowledge about these? I know you are in the business and anything that you could help me with would be very much appreciated.
The window curtains are smaller businesses that custom options for several things. You may be able to find a business in Maryland that does custom soft top covers for boats or convertibles that would do the same thing.

It really falls into the two categories that the industry offers, optical vinyl or glass. Optical vinyl is a thin clear film that can be rolled up for storage, though most often we see it framed. It is lighter than a glass panel.

For the ceiling to floor effect, for glass you would be in door systems... so lots of options - but could be very expensive. Sometimes glass is worth it simply for architectural reasons.

A covered patio (cement or other stone floor base) would most likely - but not always - be a floor to ceiling opening; like you may see at the front of one of our stores or some mini-malls.

The radiant heaters would be less expensive than a radiant floor, and heat objects/people in their path rather than the air around them - so they are more efficient. They come in various formats - but are either electric or gas; so which ever is available at the house would be the easiest... and I am sure that you could find one that is aesthetically pleasing with just a basic google search.
John Mercier is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to John Mercier For This Useful Post: