View Single Post
Old 04-28-2022, 08:31 PM   #20
Susie Cougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
I don't think it's possible to have a "3-season screen porch" unless you live in a more moderate climate.

The plastic covers shown above, however, matched with a decent space heater and insulated-from-below floor, would certainly provide extra time. It would just be a question of being able to put them on and take them off/store them easily.

I also agree with the comment about making it bigger than you think. Our 14x16 is pretty great, but 16x18 would've been pretty greater.

One note: if going the total screen way, make sure to throw screen under the deck! We've got a couple friends who didn't think of this and get bugs like crazy from below!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
The plastic covers that you are referring to are confusing to me. It would be very important to be able to take them off and put them on very easily.
I like this idea a lot, but I did not want to lose the view and wonder if they come in a clear version. With some type of heater, I think you could easily extend the season by about a month.
Also, think, I was picturing a poured concrete floor of some type that had Flagstone, or tile or something similar. I would consider a wood floor also but I would not want it to be open underneath. This way it could be insulated, I think.
The porch will face to the north, so I don’t think I can get any type of solar heat.
Susie Cougar is offline   Reply With Quote