View Single Post
Old 08-28-2023, 11:52 AM   #20
Rich

I spoke with Garmin Support today about this. After some discussion, I was able to get them to offer me a 20% discount on a new chart, considering that I've been waiting over a year for them to update the built in chart. They said if the new chart wouldn't work for me, I could ask for a refund (I assume they would disable the chart if I had a refund).

So I decided to try the NSUS001L chart. This covers the entire US & Coastal Canada - Plus US Inland Lakes, Rivers and US Coast. It's only a bit more money (but not with the discount), and has more useful information for me, as I'm not sure if I'd ever be boating on the inland Canada waterways.

For some reason he recommended the SD card version vs the download version. I'll report back after I receive it on how I like it. It will be nice having the entire US available, as at the moment I use this on my SeaDoo. If it works, perhaps I'll update my chartplotter on my boat also.

I'm a bit disappointed in that Garmin is not actively updating the built in G3 chart, especially with something as important as NavAid visibility! It's been over a year since my first problem report on this. They keep saying "it's coming" but who knows if it will ever arrive?!