View Single Post
Old 05-28-2012, 03:06 PM   #1
Lucky1

Default Wasps in shrub how to eliminate?

I have a small garden around some large rocks that were here when I purchased this home. Last year I noticed that when I tried to clip the much overgrown shrub, there would be a wasp or several letting me know that they did not want it clipped as they had a nest somewhere in it. Not to be ruled by a group of these pesky flying stinging machines, I went off to Auberschon SP? and got some cans of spray. I waited until dusk as per the instructions and sprayed into a hole that I had watched them fly in to near to the corner of the house and stairs to the grass. That entrance is about 8 feet from the shrub and I would think they have been there for three years at this point. Nothing happened when I sprayed two or three cans into the hole. I do not know where in the now much overgrown shrub they have a nest. There are there though as they let me know if I try to use the clippers. I am not dumb so I go away from that area. I quickly filled in the hole near the corner of the house with dirt and today it is a hole again.

WHAT TO DO IS THE QUESTION???? Thanks in advance for any helpful suggestions. I will get some more spray but feel it is useless so far anyway. The shrub is so big and so dense that it is impossible to see what area they are in but they come out if you try to clip. HELP!!! THANKS!
Lucky1 is offline   Reply With Quote