View Single Post
Old 05-11-2023, 07:18 AM   #6
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,090 Times in 784 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggd View Post
Just an FYI, been with Verizon for many years and every year they hit me for and extra $10. My bill was up to $178 for 2 phones with unlimited service, my wife's is 4G and mine is 5G.
Every few years I call and complain and they knock $10 a month off my bill. This year I call and tell them if they don't give me a substantial discount I'm switching to a new provider. The guy tells me he's going to knock $40 off my bill because I've been a loyal customer for 17 years.
Then I ask if there is any senior citizens discount and he says he's going to give me another $30 a month over 55 discount.
So one call netted me a $70 a month discount, my bill went from $178 per month to $108 per month. I asked if this was a one year deal and he says, no it's forever.
I got to tell you I was shocked how easy it was! They must be losing customers.
I got those. I have been a Verizon customer for 20 years. The 55+ discount was $55 a phone but the 5G starter package is only $45 per phone. Go figure. I took advantage of the $35 per phone deal when it was available when the competition was $25 a phone among the major carriers. It pays to be vigilant and pay attention to the promotions.

The same goes with cable companies. They will offer the current promotion if requested.