Thread: Bike Week
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2020, 01:53 PM   #15
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major View Post
Have you talked to small business owners and restaurant owners in Mass? I have. It is not going well, which is an understatement. They would appreciate as you say it a less thoughtful approach. If it's not political, then why are democrats universally against full throttle openings and conservatives in support of such openings? If it's not political, then why is it heresy to democrats if Michigan small business owners protest or if Trump has a rally in Oklahoma, while it is A-Okay to democrats for rioters, looters, unwelcome occupiers and destroyers to gather to do their rioting, looting, occupying and destroying? Have you seen MSNBC or CNN's coverage? Praising rioters, looters, occupiers and destroyers while vilifying small business owners and patriots. You have to admit there is a strong political component to this issue.
I know it's tough for business--as I've posted before, I have suffered large losses in a small business where I am a shareholder.

Democrats are against "full throttle" openings for the reason I have already stated--full throttle is not thoughtful (or safe).

The President made it political by ignoring his own scientific advisors, and then slinging all sorts of BS about 8 cases on the way to zero, vaccines in July, cures with no data that area actually dangerous, etc.

The Democrats' position has been that we need to heed the scientific advisors. It's really sad when you equate following science as a political thing to do.

I don't watch MSNBC or CNN, and I would not attend a political rally in this environment. The only prominent politician I have seen at a rally is Donald Trump. Ironically, his own team brought 8 infected people to that rally--providing a pretty good illustration of why the rally was a terrible thing to do.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FlyingScot For This Useful Post: