View Single Post
Old 05-03-2023, 07:43 AM   #36
sunset on the dock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickcraft View Post
We have about 4" of height left however wave action will lift the sections. We tie 1/4" cord around each section securing then to the frame. The 1/4" cord fits between decking boards. Use a boat grab hook to fish the line under the frame.

Alan
While I have a permanent pile driven dock I'm still worried. We live in a very exposed location. Two days ago when the wind picked up the waves were coming over the deck and the dock itself was shaking. What worries me is that when trough to crest of the wave rises under the dock that this constant pounding could lift the dock +/- even the pilings with it. I have seen permanent docks that have actually risen on the far end, higher than at the shore side.
My solution, or perhaps only to put my mind at ease: I took 5 gallon buckets, plastic tubs, and trash cans and filled them with water, 120 gallons in total. So at 8 lbs. per gallon, that's almost 1000 lbs. I have tied all of the containers to the dock so as not to lose them should the wind pick up again.
I will be watching the wind and rain forecast closely.
sunset on the dock is offline   Reply With Quote