View Single Post
Old 09-11-2023, 11:52 AM   #31
Major

Thanked 1,000 Times in 415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia View Post
I'm 55. The rudest, most flagrant rule breakers I see on Winnipesaukee appear to be about my age (roughly) or older.
I agree. I'm 58 and feel the same way. My brother is 47 and his friends are the same way, and they are much more chill and easygoing than me or friends my age or older.

Funny story. Stopped by Burrito Me last Friday at lunchtime. I haven't been there for a LONG time, probably 6 or 7 years. Anyway, there was a kiosk at the door and another kiosk at the counter, where a woman was waiting on someone at the counter. I patiently waited until the transaction was done and approached the woman at the counter kiosk to place my order. As I started placing my order, a guy at the kiosk at the door started yelling at the woman, apparently upset because he was having difficulty placing his order and didn't know that you could also place it with the woman. He may have been 10 years older than me. Anyway, I told the guy he was more than welcome to go ahead of me, I didn't think I was cutting anyone, but given how upset he was I wasn't sure. He received his burrito first. Then a woman who went to the kiosk at the door and got her order in before me received her order. No worries. When my name was called, the guy who made the burrito confided that he wanted so badly to make mine first just to see what the guy did. I said I would have paid extra for that!

Personally, I do think that behavior (including my own) has gotten worse over the past few years. It may be a coincidence with COVID, or a culmination of the bad effects of social media. Notwithstanding the cause, we all need to recommit ourselves to being more patient, myself included. I honestly cannot imagine my grandparents behaving the way I see people now behave.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Major For This Useful Post: