View Single Post
Old 10-07-2022, 10:26 AM   #5
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,959 Times in 1,210 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by baygo View Post
It is not that simple for all restaurants. In some cases SYSCO is the prep cook for many of the menu items. A restaurant will purchase food that has been prepared at the SYSCO commissary (often frozen) and simply follow the microwave instructions. A restaurant group will contract to have a unique product made specifically for them. They do not have the talent in the kitchen to make and manage these items from scratch.

Don’t make the assumption that when you see the SYSCO/US Foods truck in the parking lot that the restaurant is a “not from scratch” kitchen. They may just be getting their paper goods from them. That is however getting less likely do to the minimums imposed during the supply chain issues of a little ove a year ago.

When a restaurant starts to state that they are out of certain appetizers, that’s a sign that perhaps they were reheating food prepared by SYSCO.

Perhaps they can change the menu and go to BJ’s where they will find frozen appetizers to substitute.

On another front; SYSCO has purchased a tremendous amount of food in advance. Their system produces and moves food every day. A strike will slow distribution which could end up with a bottleneck causing millions of dollars in waste. They’ll have to recoup that money somewhere.

The average Cisco truck driver earns $110,000 a year
I appreciate the note about the spoiled food—I hadn't immediately considered that aspect.

In terms of the drivers' salaries, did you get that number from the CEO's interview? That's where I saw it, and it's suspect.

How many hours does a driver work to earn that? Overtime? What does the job entail? Is there a premium paid to do that kind of driving? What is the benefits/retirement package? Sick/vacation days?

Quoting $110k average, which isn't even that much these days—especially in New England—isn't nearly enough information.

Sent from my SM-G990U1 using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links